I woke up this morning feeling fancy. Fancy in the morning = FRENCH TOAST. ♥
After whipping up this quick, little (and totally photogenic!) french toast, I realized just how darn easy it was to do! Which means….. french toast WAY more often in this household – YAY! And, according to my calculations on My Fitness Pal, this serving is approximately 246 calories total. Compare that to Denny’s Strawberry Banana French Toast at a whopping 880 calories!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 egg white
- dash of cinnamon
- Toppings of choice (I used ⅓ banana, 70g sliced strawberries, 1 tsp raw honey)
- Whisk the milk, egg white and dash of cinnamon.
- Dip in your bread slices into the mixture, shake off excess mix, and place in a pan over medium heat greased with coconut oil (or oil of choice).
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and top with your toppings of choice! I used bananas, strawberries, and raw honey.