I really like ice cream pops. Like, really, REALLY like them. I like their creaminess, the cold tingly feeling on my tongue as I’m licking away, but most of all I like their SWEETNESS and RICHNESS.
Add some chocolate to that and BOOM – I’m in heaven (as are most people). Unless you’re a weird non-chocolate loving alien from a planet not of this universe (like my best friend Rachel, but who’s pointing fingers?). Ha.
As much as I’d love to invest a huge portion of my life to indulging in ice cream treats and chocolate covered nuances, I also place a high value on my health. And on fitting into my favorite pair of maroon skinny jeans (muffin tops are SO last year).
Enter: BANANAS. Look, I know most of you are tired of all the “Switch Bananas for ____BLANK____, and be Healthy Movement”. But it’s a movement for a reason, people! If you’re not totally turned off by my “Looky here! Bananas are healthy post” then peep my recipe below. It’s super cinchy 😉 and delightfully light and sweet! Plus the extra cinnamon burst works oh so perfectly with the dark chocolate chip drizzle.
- 2 mashed bananas
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 cinnamon shakes
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Whisk (or blend) the bananas, almond milk and cinnamon.
- Pour into your pop maker. I used my zoku pop maker, so they were nice and frozen in less than 10 minutes! you can just use a traditional pop maker and they should be frozen solid withing 1 or 2 hours.
- in a bowl: mix your chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 45 seconds. Mix.
- Drizzle your chocolate over your pops.