I’m not a huge sweets person but I am a huge CRAVINGS person. And I really do mean HUGE… Meaning, if I’m cravings something specific, I do not care if it is the middle of the night nor if it’s something that is 40 miles away, I will figure out a way to get what I’m craving at that exact moment. I can’t be the only person that gets a sushi craving so bad it hurts, right? …..RIGHT?! My boyfriend calls it crazy, I call it knowing what I want, when I want and going to go get it. Buuuuuuuuut there are sometimes when I realize I shouldn’t drop what I’m doing to go chase after FOOD. After all, I’m not actually insane, guys.
That being said, my latest craving has been BROWNIES. Since I’m trying to look good in a bikini this summer, I figured I should figure out a healthy alternative right at home. And look, I know brownies are brownies and oatmeal is, well, oatmeal, but I firmly believe that you can trick your mind into thinking my little recipe is *almost* as naughty as a brownie.
This oatmeal – when made the correct way – comes out super creamy, luscious and just the right amount of fudgey to satiate that sweet tooth you might be experiencing. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been having this as a mid-day snack every day this week. OOPS!
- 1¼ cashew milk (or your favorite milk)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 squirts liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 tsp dark chocolate chips or 1 tsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter
- In a saucepan: 1 cup milk, salt, cocoa powder and stevia. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Add the oats and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Once oats are cooked, add in ¼ cup milk.
- Mix in 1 tsp dark chocolate chips or 1 tsp dark chocolate dreams peanut butter
- OPTIONAL: top with sliced bananas